Tuesday 6 March 2012

Unusual Job-Paradise Island Caretaker

If you are employed as the Paradise Island Caretaker on Hamilton Island in the Great Barrier Reef your duties are:
                 - swim
                 - explore
                 - relax
                 - blog
The idea of this job is to do everything the resort has to offer and write a blog to promote the island and resort.

The salary of this job is definitely not minimum wage. The Paradise Island Caretaker is on a $111,000 six month contract!

Pros:
         - you are paid to have fun and relax
         - you live rent free in a three-bedroom villa with a pool
         - all your food and activities are free
Cons:
          - you don't get to be with your family or friends
          - if not use to heat you're more prone to heat stroke and sunburn

I would love to work as a paradise island caretaker. It would be good for me because  I love the heat and water and relaxing. The one thing that would be hard for me to do this job is being away from my family for six months.

Click the link below to see a video about the paradise island caretaker!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Of6EBA1pmdg

3 comments:

  1. This sounds like the perfect job for me too..... after teaching at Rivier of course! I'd love for you to show me that video sometime, because every time I click on it I end up at a set-up screen for the computer's e-mail program (?!).

    ReplyDelete
  2. That would be a oober cool job! except you would prob. have to clean all of the spider webs up and that would be really creepy cause what if there's a spider in that web! those spiders can get big! :o

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sounds super fantabulous! This is like a dream job!!!!!!!! Such a great pick Taylor! :)

    ReplyDelete